One of my favourite bites is cashew nut cookies and I must say it's on my baking list every CNY. Rich, flavoursome and full of nutty goodness, it's definitely a must-have!
Cashew Nut Cookies
180g icing sugar
400g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
180g ground cashew nuts
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g cashew nut halves, for garnishing
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1) Preheat oven to 150C.
2) Sift plain flour and baking powder together.
3) Cream butter and icing sugar together. Add in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
4) Add in the flour and ground cashew nuts. Mix well until dough forms.
5) Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutter.
6) Press a cashew nut on top of each cookie and brush with egg wash.
7) Bake at 150C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
|My stack of Golden Stars!|