(makes about 30 pcs)
60g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
5g custard powder
10g milk powder
1) Beat the butter and icing sugar until creamy and fluffy.
2) Add in the egg yolks and beat until combined.
3) Fold in custard powder, milk powder and cornflour and mix to form a soft and pliable dough. (If dough is too wet, add a bit more cornflour)
4) Put a star nozzle into a thick piping bag. Fill it with some of the dough (do not fill in too much for easier piping) and pipe out "S" shaped patterns on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Dot eyes with red colouring.
5) Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for about 15 min or till light yellow.
1) Cover the batter in the bowl with a wet cloth while you are piping out the patterns as the batter tends to harden up due to the cornflour.
2) If the batter does harden up, add a little bit of water to soften so that it's easier to pipe out.
|I use a Wilton nozzle 32 to pipe out the cookies|