This pudding is so refreshing especially when served cold. The combination of pandan, coconut and gula melaka makes it a delicious dessert to enjoy!
Pandan Sago Pudding
1 cup sago
1/2 tsp pandan paste
vegetable oil, for greasing
150g gula melaka (palm sugar), sliced
2-3 Tbsp water
400ml coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
1) Boil the water in a medium pot and pour in the sago. Keep stirring and cook until the pearls become translucent.
2) Drain the sago in a sieve, then rinse through with cold water to wash off excess starch.
3) Transfer to a mixing bowl and add in the pandan paste. Mix until combined.
4) Lightly grease moulds and fill with the sago. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
5) Melt the palm sugar with the water in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool to room temperature and chill in the fridge.
6) Bring the coconut milk and salt to the boil in small saucepan and leave aside to cool and chill in the fridge.
7) Turn out the sago puddings from the moulds onto small bowls and serve with the palm sugar and coconut milk.