50g rice flour
4 tsp tapioca flour
1 Tbsp mung bean flour
100ml pandan juice
1/4 tsp alkaline water
Coconut Cream Layer
4 Tbsp rice flour
2 Tbsp + 4 tsp mung bean flour
1/2 tsp salt
500 ml thick coconut milk
1) To make the green layer, combine the three types of flour in a bowl and mix in the sugar.
2) Add the pandan juice and water and mix until well combined and smooth. Add the alkaline water.
3) Strain the mixture into a double boiler or bowl sitting on top of a simmering pan of water. Stir until the mixture starts to thicken and remove the bowl from the heat.
4) Pour into a 7-inch square cake tin. Steam until set, about 20 mins (when you tilt the tin, the mixture shouldn't wobble). Set aside.
5) To make the coconut cream layer, combine the rice and mung bean flours and salt in a mixing bowl.
6) Gradually pour in the coconut milk, stirring well until smooth. Strain into a double boiler and stir the mixture over low heat. Remove from the heat as soon as it begins to thicken.
7) Remove the tin containing the green layer from the steamer and remove any excess moisture from the top by gently pressing a paper towel to the surface, then pour the coconut cream layer on top.
8) Steam for another 15 mins. Cool thoroughly before cutting.