500g lamb mince
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, chopped into small cubes
2 Tbsp plain flour
1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 dried bay leaf
1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/3 cup frozen peas
pinch of salt
ground black pepper
4 potatoes, peeled
1/2 cup milk
1) To prepare the filling, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in the onion and fry till brown and fragrant.
2) Add the carrots and cook until soft.
3) Add the lamb mince. Stir and break up any lumps of meat and cook until the lamb changes colour.
4) Stir in the flour and mix till combined. Add in the stock, bay leaf, Worchestershire sauce and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens, about 25 mins, stirring occasionally.
5) Add in the peas and stir to mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
6) To make the potato mash, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 15 mins. Drain well and return to the pan. Add in the butter and mash until smooth with a potato masher. Add milk and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Preheat oven to 200C. Scoop the lamb mince mixture into an ovenproof dish. Top with the mashed potato and use a fork to rough up the surface.
8) Bake for about 20-25 mins until the mashed potato is golden brown. Serve immediately.