This is a healthier homemade version of chicken nuggets with minimal oil used. Choosing to bake them instead of frying is also a wise option but what's great about it is that it taste just as good and crispy too! Definitely better than the commercially processed ones you get from the supermarket!
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1/3 cup plain flour
2 chicken breast fillets, cut into nugget-sized pieces
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp chopped parsley
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2) Combine the panko and oil in a frying pan and toast over medium heat until golden brown. Transfer to a shallow dish and allow to cool. Once cooled, add in the Parmesan and mix together.
3) Beat egg in a small bowl. Place flour on a shallow dish.
4) Dip chicken pieces in flour, coat well, and then in egg and finally in the breadcrumb mix.
5) Place the nuggets on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked through.
6) Serve with mayonnaise mixed with chopped parsley.