Creamy mashed potatoes and salmon covered in crispy breadcrumbs makes this fishcakes simply delicious!
Potato Salmon Cakes
250g potatoes, peeled
350g tinned pink salmon, drained (or freshly cooked salmon)
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
80g dried breadcrumbs (I use panko)
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp oil
1) Cut the potatoes into 5cm pieces. Half fill a saucepan with water. Add the potatoes and a pinch of salt. Bring it to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes.
2) Drain off the water and mash the potatoes until smooth. Leave to cool enough to handle.
3) Break the salmon into small pieces in a bowl, removing the skin and bones. Stir in the potatoes, spring onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Lightly dust your hands with a little flour and shape the mixture into 8 cakes. Place on a plate.
5) Beat the egg lightly. Put the flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates. Coat each fishcake in flour, then egg and then the breadcrumbs.
6) Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large pan on medium heat. Shallow fry 4 of the cakes for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7) Serve with tonkatsu sauce or lemon wedges and mayonnaise.