Kuih bangkit shells on a bed of sandy brown sugar!
Love these sea shell moulds!
(Recipe by Kevin Chai)
3 egg yolks
120g castor sugar
150ml thick coconut milk
400g fried tapioca flour *
* Fry the tapioca flour with 3 pandan leaves (cut into 4cm pcs) in a wok or pan on low heat till light and dry (about 40 mins). Leave to cool overnight.
1) Beat egg yolks and castor sugar in the mixer with a whisk. Beat until light and fluffy, then add in coconut milk slowly and mix until well combined.
2) Sift the tapioca flour in a mixing bowl, add in coconut milk mixture slowly and mix until resemble crumbs. Cover with a wet kitchen towel.
3) Prepare a wooden mould, dust some tapioca flour in the mould, fill the mixture in the mould, press firmly. Knock out the cookies and arrange and arrange on a lined baking tray with baking paper. Decorate with red spot.
4) Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes. Dish out, leave to cool and store in airtight containers.