This is one of my favourite mom's dishes. It's a simple mince curry dish but yet so delicious. It's the kind of food that you would be happy to top over a bowl of rice and tuck into on a sofa in front of the TV. The ultimate comfort food dinner!
And I always look forward to the leftovers for next morning's breakfast to go with some bread ..... Yum!
Mince Pork Curry
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
3 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
80ml coconut milk
500g mince pork
1/2 stick carrot, chopped into small cubes
80g frozen peas
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp plain flour
1) Place the chopped carrots in a pot of water and boil them till cooked. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
3) Add in the curry powder, chilli powder and coconut milk and continue to fry for a minute.
4) Add the pork mince and fry till the meat is browned.
5) Add in the carrot and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Pour in the water and bring to the boil (you may add more water if you prefer more gravy).
7) Dilute the plain flour with 1 Tbsp of water and add to the saucepan to thicken the sauce.
8) Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes. Add in the peas and stir through.
9) Remove from heat and serve.
Serve over a bowl of rice