Pain au Chocolat
1 sheet of frozen ready-rolled puff pastry
1 semi-sweet chocolate bar (preferably those that comes in thin slices like
Hershey's Special Dark), broken into 12 rectangular pieces
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 220C.
2) Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3) Lay out the puff pastry sheet on your work station. Divide and cut the puff pastry into 12 rectangular pieces.
4) Brush the top of pastry lightly with the beaten egg. Place a piece of chocolate in the center of the each rectangular pastry strip and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the chocolate.
5) Fold one end over the chocolate and then fold over the other end. Press the seam to seal with a fork.
6) Place the chocolate pastry rolls seam side down on the baking tray and brush the tops and sides with beaten egg.
7) Bake for about 15 mins or until puffed and golden. Leave to cool on wire rack.