With a nice cup of tea, we're all ready to settle down for a well deserved tea break!
(adapted from Through The Kitchen Door)
1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
4-5 green apples, peeled and diced into small pieces
90g brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 Tbsp plain flour
some toasted walnuts, finely chopped
1 small beaten egg for egg wash
1) To make the filling, melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan.
2) Add in diced apples and raisins. Stirfry the apples till tender and soft.
3) Add in cinnamon powder and flour to thicken it. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4) Place the puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
5) Spoon the filling mixture down the center of the pastry and sprinkle chopped walnuts over it.
6) Using a knife or pizza roller, cut horizontal slits along the pastry on both sides of the filling.
7) Brush the pastry with beaten egg and fold over the slits to form a plait.
8) Brush the pastry top with the remaining egg wash. Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 20-25 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden.
|This apple strudel is best served warm!|