Once in a while, I like to surprise my daughter with some delightful snacks when she comes home from school and today is one of those days. A lover of blueberries, I'm sure these pretty and dainty tarts will light up her day. Just can't wait to see the glee on her face!
Blueberry Cheese Tarts
1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
113g cream cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp icing sugar
1) Preheat oven to 200C.
2) Using a round fluted cutter, cut out rounds from the pastry sheet. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. With a smaller round cutter, score an inner circle on each of them, pressing 3/4 of the way through the pastry, taking care not to press all the way through.
3) Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and bake until golden and puffed, about 15-20 mins.
4) Remove from the oven and using a small, sharp knife, gently cut around the inner circles without cutting all the way through. Remove the first top layer and gently press down on the fluffed centre of the pastry to flatten it. Set aside.
5) Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the heavy cream and icing sugar and beat until creamy and smooth.
6) Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the pastry shells evenly within the border.
7) Arrange the blueberries over the filling and sprinkle some sifted icing sugar over the tarts.