You can even call it Breakfast Pizza! Sunny side UP!
4 bacon rashers, cut into 3 pieces
2 sheets frozen puff pastry
2 Tbsp pizza sauce or tomato paste
1 small egg, lightly whisked (to use as egg wash to brush)
8 small eggs
1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1) Preheat oven to 200C and line two oven trays with baking paper.
2) Cook bacon, in batches, in a non-stick frying pan over moderately high heat for 3 mins or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towel.
3) Place pastry on prepared trays. For each tart, score a 2cm border around edge of pastry. Brush border with a little egg wash. Prick a few places in the centre with a fork. Spread half the pizza sauce over pastry within the marked border. Top with half the bacon.
4) Bake for 10 mins. One by one, crack the eggs into a cup, then gently pour onto tarts. Bake for a further 5-8 mins or until yolks are cooked to your liking.
5) Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve!
Individual breakfast tart