Something quick, simple and easy to make to fill your cookie jar
240g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
90g butter, softened
90g castor sugar
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp castor sugar, extra
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Line oven tray with baking paper.
2) Sift flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Lightly rub in the butter with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3) Add in castor sugar and sultanas, and mix until well incorporated.
4) Add in the beaten egg and milk and mix together to form a thick, lumpy dough. (If dough is too dry, add a teaspoon more milk to make the mixture stick together).
3) Drop rounded tablespoon of mixture about 5cm apart onto trays and sprinkle with extra sugar.
4) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and well risen.
Stored in airtight containers, they can keep for up to 3 days.